Saturday 24 November 2012

Losing my virginity and crying.

Last night was a very big night for me. At around 11:45pm I lost my virginity, I also cried during, and after it. No, not sex, nothing that mundane or boring. This was much more important (and in hindsight enjoyable). Last night, I watched the Shawshank Redemption. How I hadn't seen it before I do not know. (I have also never seen the Green Mile, I will lose that virginity soon also). Some people sometimes think that there is a possibility that I am gay, if they saw me watch the Shawshank Redemption they would have suspected this significantly further (one of my friends had friends down once, 2 girls apparently asked if I was gay the next day, I blame the Lava disco lounge bringing out my inner 80's campness) I cried, multiple times. I even compiled a list:

When Brooks killed himself (I cried massively at this, I was crying when he was reading the letter he wrote, when he killed himself I was a mess)
I cried when Andy played the classical music, a cracking scene.
When Red got released.
When Red found Andys box/letter
When Red and Andy reunited.

This officially meant that Shawshank eclipsed the Notebook which was the last film I cried at, as that was only two times. I must say, Shawshank was truly tremendous.

I did my traditional, drinking a bottle of red wine(not gay) during the film, and it got to 2am so I decided to see what was happening downstairs and planned a quiet night.

At 7am I got home, very very drunk. A quiet night failed, once again. It was basically me, Jonny and Roxy drinking and listening to music, and dancing whilst 3 others sat there playing Fifa. I drunk significant wine, significant fireball, significant sours and worst of all significant Fosters (the worst drink ever, it's horrific) this was what happened for around 5 hours with the only breaks were to go out with them 2 whist they had a fag. This was much fun as we saw some people I know, including one off his tits on MDMA and it was amusing watching him breathing like someone on the phone to a sex line and practically eating his lip. This amused me greatly.

Around 530am we decided to play our favourite songs ever. The issue was we were all smashed, and we all get fairly emotional when drunk. Also our favourite songs are not exactly up beat. (Dance with my Father, you can reach me and my choice, Wish you were here was played) this effectively turned into a cry session for us all (not gay). Eventually we managed to pick ourselves up into a mood good enough to actually go home and sleep. In the end, it was a decent night for a night in. The only downsides being that yet again I barely slept, this is a common theme, sleep has become a luxury and it just isn't happening, hence me sitting in the living room for ours in my huge pink fluffy dressing gown (not gay) looking dead. All in all however, a successful, yet emotional Friday university night.

1 comment:

  1. I looked at the title of this post and went "OH MY GOD!!!!". I then read the post and was so proud. You cry at all the parts of the Shawshank Redemption you are meant to. I also only recently lost this virginity, back in the summer. Perfect film.

    ReplyDelete