Wednesday 21 November 2012

A night out in Bliss

Tuesday's used to mean two things. Pub Quiz (which me and my friend Nicole managed to win on our own somehow once) and then Milk. A wonderful night of Indie and older music (they even play The Smiths, heaven) the first 6 weeks Milk was always rammed. This was until one night where it was empty. It turns out a £3 entry and £2.70 doubles are far too much to pay for a student so now everyone goes to Bliss. Free entry. £2 doubles. The only issue with Bliss is the music is shite and they cram over 1000 people into a postage stamp sized club. After being informed we were going out around 1130 (I was informed at 11:20) I chucked on some half ironed clothes, downed a bottle of wine, took another bottle with me and drunk it on the way (You can take the boy out of the Dagenham....) we got to Bliss. Downed 5 Jager Bombs and we were set. Out of our group of four there were two whose main focus as always is pulling. So much of the amusement is seeing their techniques.

Jonny is the most amusing, the only way to describe his technoque is a less subtle method of the Gypsy Grab. He sees a girl, goes behind her, grabs her by the waist and starts to grind, or more accurately dry hump them. It didn't work....again.

It was a fairly usual night, no one got any. We were all smashed and had a decent night. The only weirdish moment occuring when I moved and moved my friend out of the way to let two girls through, only for one of them to call me a gentleman and kiss me on the cheek and insist I kissed her on the cheek. For a moment I thought I was in Made in Chelsea and then I remembered I'm in a grotty little student club that people only go to as it's free. Despite Jonny's best urgings I didn't "go for it" with this girl. However being called a gentleman in a club is something to cross off of my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment