Tuesday 20 November 2012

The life of a bad University student...

I imagine no one shall read this, but I thought I'd publish it anyway as I was inspired after seeing a similar blog by a college friend.

First things first I spent 11 years being a bad School student and then 2 years being a bad College student. The national progression led me to an extra 3 years and to become a bad University student. My attendance at school was horrific. My attendance at college was atrocious and judged on an email I received from the University already my University attendance will live up to previous heights. Economics is the subject, nice and simple.

As I have been at University for 2 months there are obviously stories so far. I'll try to condense them to get us started.

First of all there are my roommates. Vegetarian Lola, Essex Sarah, Two pint Luke, The recluse JB and the noisy Jack. We rarely see Lola, however she is a nice girl. Sarah is from Brentwood so provides some of the Essexness I miss. Luke is a horrific lightweight who threw up after 2 pints on the first night. JB has retired from going out to play Zombie games and Jack is regularly heard playing guitar and singing, very loudly at 4am, basically he is a selfish cunt. There is an extended group which will be mentioned in the future.

We have a chunder chart, a fabulous invention, I currently lag behind on 2. Luke, Jack and Jonny (downstairs flat) are all on around 10. Good efforts.

So far I have down a bottle of Jager in three bombs. Done 4 pints of Guinness in 1 minute. Drunk 4 bottles of wine and proceeded to be drunk enough to have an amusing video on FB. Dressed in a pink dressing gown to go out. Dressed as a leprechaun. Out drunk everyone I know. Almost certainly fail a mid term. Turn up to my other mid term still drunk. Spend my entire 2,800 quid loan in less than 2 months. And generally spend far too much on red wine and Jager.

I also dried my clothes before washing at times, had my accent took the piss out of multiple times. (Ths life of a cockney outside of Essex/East London)

I have also seen other people at University meet people such as Political Analyst and author Owen Jones and politician David Miliband. I have met Francis Boulle and Spencer Matthews from Made in Chelsea. Not really academically comparable.

However despite all this my first two months have been a resounding success, I have met lots of great people and had a fabulous time. Hopefully many more fun times occur and many more opportunities to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment